By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Hacker Cabin web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Hacker Cabin web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Hacker Cabin at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Hacker Cabin web site are provided “as is”. Hacker Cabin makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, Hacker Cabin does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Hacker Cabin or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Hacker Cabin Internet site,
even if Hacker Cabin or an authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Hacker Cabin web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Hacker Cabin does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current.
Hacker Cabin may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Hacker Cabin does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Hacker Cabin has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Hacker Cabin of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
7. Copyright / Takedown
Users agree and certify that they have rights to share all content that they post on Hacker Cabin.to — including, but not limited to, information posted in articles, discussions, and comments. This rule applies to prose, code snippets, collections of links, etc. Regardless of citation, users may not post copy and pasted content that does not belong to them. Users assume all risk for the content they post, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy, claims relating to intellectual property, or other legal rights. If you believe that a user has plagiarized content, misrepresented their identity, misappropriated work, or otherwise run afoul of DMCA regulations, please email
us. Hacker Cabin may remove any content users post for any reason.
9. Hacker Cabin Trademarks and Logos Policy
All uses of the Hacker Cabin logo, Hacker Cabin badges, brand slogans, iconography, and the like, may only be used with express permission from Hacker Cabin.
Hacker Cabin reserves all rights, even if certain assets are included in Hacker Cabin open source projects. Please contact us with any questions or to request permission.
10. Reserved Names
Hacker Cabin has the right to maintain a list of reserved names which will not be made publicly available. These reserved names may be set aside for purposes of proactive trademark protection, avoiding user confusion, security measures, or any other reason (or no reason).
Additionally, Hacker Cabin reserves the right to change any already-claimed name at its sole discretion. In such cases, Hacker Cabin will make reasonable effort to find a suitable alternative and assist with any transition-related concerns.
11. Content Policy
The following policy applies to comments, articles, and all other works shared on the Hacker Cabin platform:
- Users must make a good-faith effort to share content that is on-topic, of high-quality, and is not designed primarily for the purposes of promotion or creating backlinks.
- Users are expected to abide by the community Code of Conduct at all times.
- If a post contains affiliate links, that fact must be clearly disclosed. For instance, with language such as: “This post includes affiliate links; I may receive compensation if you purchase products or services from the different links provided in this article.”
Hacker Cabin reserves the right to remove any content that it deems to be in violation of this policy at its sole discretion. Additionally, Hacker Cabin reserves the right to restrict any user’s ability to participate on the platform at its sole discretion.
12. Compliance with the Law
You will not use the Service for any illegal or unlawful purposes.
13. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Hacker Cabin web site shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Code of Conduct
All participants of Hacker Cabin are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct, both online and during in-person events that are hosted and/or associated with Hacker Cabin.
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as moderators of Hacker Cabin pledge to make participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone.
We expect all members to keep on the right side of building in public. Anyone using the platform to self promote and/or spam will be warned and if the self promotion continues will be excluded from the site.
Here are some guidelines for best practices:
- Don’t just start submitting your links everywhere. It will be unwelcome and may be removed as spam, or your account will be banned as spam
- Be authentic and helpful
- Give feedback to others
- Share things that are inspiring to others
Examples of behaviour that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behaviour by participants include:
- The use of sexualised language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Dismissing or attacking inclusion-oriented requests
We pledge to prioritise marginalised people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. We will not act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as ‘leave me alone,’ ‘go away,’ or ‘I’m not discussing this with you.’
- Someone’s refusal to explain or debate social justice concepts
- Criticisms of racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behaviour or assumptions
Violations of the Code of Conduct may be reported by contacting the admin of this site or any moderator, or by contacting us here. All reports will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Moderators have the right and responsibility to remove comments or other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to suspend temporarily or permanently any members for other behaviour that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.